Saturday, September 17, 2016
9 am–7 pm
Each year over 35,000 visitors come to BugFest to experience over 100 exhibits, crafts, games and activities. We provide the opportunity for you to interact with entomologists and other scientists so you can continue learning about the fascinating world of bugs. We also feature Café Insecta, where the brave can sample buggy dishes prepared by local chefs. The best part is, it’s all free!
2016 theme bug: ANTS!
More info coming soon!
At BugFest 2015 visitors:
- Enjoyed the entertaining displays, exhibits and activities — both inside and outside the Museum.
- Learned about arthropods, which make up three-quarters of all animals on Earth, during fascinating presentations.
- Tasted delectable dishes featuring creepy crawlers as a major ingredient at Café Insecta.
- Joined the moths, fireflies and katydids for an exhilarating evening of nocturnal activities at the Evening Insectival.
- Learned how to keep their own hives at a Beekeeping Workshop
- Brought unusual bugs to the Stump the Experts table
Send us an email at the following links if you are interested in:
9 am–5 pm
Jones Street, The Plaza, Edenton Street, and all four floors of the Museum will be filled with buggy fun!
BUGFEST: Evening Insectival
Jones Street, The Plaza, Edenton Street, and the first floor of the NEC will be teeming with live bands, bug stations, a nocturnal insect tour and a street carnival.
About the Evening Insectival
BugFest 2015 was made possible by generous gifts from the following sponsors:
- Lead Sponsor
Terminix Company of Eastern NC
- Also sponsored by:
- Armstrong’s Cricket Farm
- Leaf and Limb Tree Service
Event presentations and displays are subject to change without notice.